Motorized - Powered Snowboard History
- Winter 1999/2000 while snowboarding on flat land using power from a vehicle, Jimmy D. was inspired to connect the power to the back of the snowboard so he could roam free, without a rope. (Photo top right).
- Summer/Fall, 2000, James E. Decker jr. builds his first powered snowboard prototype.
- Winter 2000/2001, tested newly developed prototype in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. (Photo middle right).
- Spring/Summer 2001, builds second prototype.
- Summer/Fall 2001, shows # two to his patent lawyers.
- October 26, 2001, files for a patent.
- Winter 2001/2002, tested # two in Michigan. Picture of Snow Carver™ debuts on
- Spring/Summer/Fall 2002, builds # 3, 4, & 5, all have newly configured connection piece, solving the yaw and roll dilemma.
- Summer, 2002, creates Jimmy D’z Powered Snowboard Co. LLC.
- December 26, 2002, tested # 3, 4, & 5 in 9 inches of fresh snow in Indiana . Video of prototype #4, used from this event to later appear on website and YouTube.
- Summer, 2003, creates www.jimmydz.com.
- March 2, 2004 receives patent # 6,698,540 for “motorized snowboard”.
- Spring 2010, published new video on website and YouTube. Snow Carver™ #4 in 12 inches of snow, Celina, Ohio Feb. 18, 2010. (Photo bottom right).
- Fall 2010 builds #6.
- Fall 2010-Summer 2011 talked with patent lawyers about 4 new connection pieces.
- Fall 2010-Fall 2011 redesigns drive unit #6 and builds 4 new detachable connection pieces.
- September 13 , 2011 files for a second patent.
- Winter 2011/2012 tested new connection pieces.
- Spring 2012 builds # 7 & 8 identical to #4.
- Winter 2012/2013 tested the Snow Surfer™.
- Winter 2013/2014 tested the Snow Surfer™.
- Spring 2014 published proof of concept video on YouTube. Snow Surfer™ # 8 in 6 inches of snow, Fishers, Indiana Jan. 4, 2014.
- September 30, 2014 receives second patent # 8,844,664 for "powered snowboard".
- Fall 2014-Spring 2015 invented and tested a new top secret connection piece, with the best results yet, the Snow Shredder™.
- Fall 2015 requested and received opinion letter from patent lawyers. The letter affirms the new version of the Snow Shredder™ is covered in the latest patent.
Content Copyright Jimmy D'z Powered Snow Board Company, LLC. 2002 - 2017.
All rights reserved - To contact Jimmy Call : 419-564-8589
site by aaronyx